When most people hear “war on the family”, they think of conservatives bringing up gay marriage or liberals bringing up a lack of government welfare. In fact, the greatest war enacted against families has been the war on drugs.
Author of “Legally Kidnapped: The Case Against Child Protective Services,” and whistle-blower, Carlos Morales exposes the fact that the war on drugs is a war on the family.
Sources for Video :
Sources: Foster Home Stats
1. Child Protection and Child Outcomes: Measuring the Effects of Foster Care by Joseph J. Doyle, Jr
2. Dubner, AE; Motta, RW (1999). “Sexually and physically abused foster care children and posttraumatic stress disorder”. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
3. Casey Family Programs, Harvard Medical School (2005.04.05). “Former Foster Children in Oregon and Washington Suffer Posttraumatic Stress Disorder at Twice the Rate of U.S War Veterans”
5. Hobbs, GF; Hobbs, CJ; Wynne, JM (1999). “Abuse of children in foster and resident ial care”. Child abuse & neglect 23 (12): 1239–52
6. “Northwest Foster Care Alumni Study”. Research.casey.org
7. “Throwaway kids”. Pasadena Weekly. 2006-06-22
8. Lopez, P; Allen, PJ (2007). “Addressing the health needs of adolescents transitioning out of foster care”.Pediatric nursing 33 (4): 345–55
9. V.Roman, N.P. & Wolfe, N. (1995). Web of failure: The relationship between foster care and homelessness. Washington, DC: National Alliance to End Homelessness
11. Zito, JM; Safer, DJ; Sai, D; Gardner, JF; Thomas, D; Coombes, P; Dubowski, M; Mendez-Lewis, M (2008). “Psychotropic medication patterns among youth in foster care”. Pediatrics 121 (1): e157–63.
12. Cascade, EF; Kalali, AH (2008). “Generic Penetration of the SSRI Market”. Psychiatry (Edgmont (Pa. : Township)) 5 (4): 25–6
13. Racusin R, Maerlender AC Jr, Sengupta A, et al. Psychosocial treatment of children in foster care: a review. Community Ment Health
14. Johansen-Berg, H (2007). “Structural plasticity: rewiring the brain”. Current biology : CB 17 (4): R141–4.
16. American Psychiatric Association (2013). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing. pp. 271–280